SOTU annotated

As was to be expected, the Liar-in-Chief had dozens of whoppers, misstatements, exaggerations and plain lies during the SOTU. I will leave those to the fact checkers. But I have put together a list of some of his statements (in inverted commas) and what he could have said or may have meant (no inverted commas). I could have put together dozens more of these, but here is my sampling.

“But we must reject the politics of revenge, resistance, and retribution -- and embrace the boundless potential of cooperation, compromise, and the common good.”

I know I am incapable of this, but I think all of you may be.

“In the 20th century, America saved freedom, transformed science, and redefined the middle class standard of living for the entire world to see. Now, we must step boldly and bravely into the next chapter of this great American adventure, and we must create a new standard of living for the 21st century.”

That standard means giving rich people like me much more than we got in the 20th century, and giving much less to all those lazy bastards (wink, wink, you know, blacks, Hispanics, wink,wink, those moochers) who got too much before.

“We passed a massive tax cut for working families”.
Those that work in C-suites. This was part of that 21st century standard I mentioned.

“Victory  is not winning for our party. Victory is winning for our country”.
Victory is winning for Donald J. Trump, the greatest Precedent in History.

“Therefore, we recently imposed tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods -- and now our Treasury is receiving billions of dollars a month from a country that never gave us a dime.”

People say Americans are paying that money, but I think that is fake news. 

“I am eager to work with you on legislation to deliver new and important infrastructure investment, including investments in the cutting edge industries of the future.”

Only please, no solar or wind energy, no electric cars. By industries of the future I mean beautiful coal, oil, things like that.

“Last year, Grace was diagnosed with brain cancer. Immediately, she began radiation treatment. At the same time, she rallied her community and raised more than $40,000 for the fight against cancer.”

She would not have needed to do that if we had universal health care (nobody in Europe needs to) and if I would not try so hard to destroy Obamacare.

“Here tonight is Debra Bissell. Just three weeks ago, Debra's parents, Gerald and Sharon, were burglarized and shot to death in their Reno, Nevada, home by an illegal alien.”

I decided not to invite any relatives of victims of gun violence perpetrated by Americans, as this chamber would be too small to hold them. Even the stadium of Sunday’s Super Bowl would not be big enough.

“If I had not been elected President of the United States, we would right now, in my opinion, be in a major war with North Korea”.
Yes, I know we didn’t have war with them for the last 50 years, but Crooked Hillary.....

“We virtually ended the estate, or death, tax on small businesses, ranches, and family farms.”
And for my kids, and the kids of all my buddies.

“God bless America”.
God bless American billionaires like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump Toilets Inc.

GQP Gun violence "solutions "

Understanding Talibangelicals